Day 19 no pips

This was my third hatch and usually on day 18 we have had one chick hatch and then on day 19 we would have about two more hatch. Our first hatch were shipped eggs of 10 New Hamshired Reds and we had 4 hatch. 3 made it and 1 passed away to having hatched with most of its yolk sac out of him. Our second hatch was 22 eggs from my sister in laws chickens and about 4 had blood rings, 8 had embryos and didn't developed correctly, 4 weren't fertile and then we had 2 hatch and my husband thought it would be a good idea to move them out the incubator after I told him not to and that was 2 hours after they hatched and they passed away and then we had two get stuck in their eggs and then we had two more hatch which are alive and well. Then we have this hatch where most of the eggs were infertile so we have had a poor hatch rate but we have our one and only that made it and is walking around and chirping. I had to pull the shell and the membrane off because she was stuck and she was giving up otherwise I wouldn't have stepped in. I was very careful when I did it and she is fine now.

Yes and I candled them yesterday and seen one moving which is a good sign. I guess patience isn't my best thing when playing the wating game on the hatchlings but I know me being impatient makes it worse and also doesn't speed the process up either.

Yeah I'm just going to leave them alone and hope for the best. I think I'm just more anxious because I'm hatching them for my sister in law and not for me so I'm wanting some to hatch at least.

Yeah! they take their TIME! :barnie
Why can't they be like popcorn....POP...they have hatched lol:pop
keep me posted with the babies...
what time is it there....? if its afternoon they will probs pip tonight....(its 2:30 pm) :clap
Here where I'm at it's 10:46 in the morning

I always get chick nerves too constantly looking in the bator window seeing if anybody is rocking you would think I'm a madwoman! Even yelled out my husband this time for being too dang noisy and making it hard for me to hear peeping.And that's just hatching for myself I don't even want to know what hatching for someone else would do.
It is definitely nerve wrecking and now thinking about it I think I started a day early :/ so that's probably why they aren't hatching yet.

Well only 1 out of 24 of my chicks are alive in the egg I water candled and it was rocking and I also used a flashlight to candle and there was definite moving so now I only have one egg in the incubator I'm hoping this baby survives.

Back
Top Bottom