DAY 19 & Pipping!!? Update ~ 5 Chicks Hatched out of 7!!! (-=

Chicks_N_Horses

Songster
10 Years
Mar 30, 2009
South Alabama
It is day 19 on my second batch in the bator (fried the first ones) and I looked in with a flashlight earlier and there is a pip!!!!

Will it make it this early?

Should I not open the bator at all anymore?

Last edited:
Sounds like you are right on time. You should have a good hatch. My eggs always start pipping on the 19th and 20 th day and will be finished hatching on the 21st day. That's the way they are suppose to do.
Good Luck

clap.gif
Way to go!! Isn't it the best feeling?

LOL There was that brief feeling of doing it right but now it has covered with anxiety!

I have 3!!!

3 are pipping. One looked kind of like a crack, like if one had rolled over and knocked the other. But it can't be a crack because I have been keeping a close check on these buggers!

I am so happy, the ones that are pipping are from my beloved BO hen that someone let out a week or so ago and something got her. I think it was the fox. I was so upset when I found her gone but I still had her eggs in the bator so I have been really hoping to hatch her babies at least...Please Lord, let them hatch!!
fl.gif

Day 19 is early if they are hatching and not just pipping. Your temps may still be just a tad high and rushed the development. Congrats on your hatch.

Quote:
I have had trouble with this bator with high temps. I have been having to monitor it constantly but I have kept it under 102 at least.

They are just pipping now, not hatching. There is tiny pecks in the eggs. I can hear chirping when I put my ear to it.

If they have been rushed a little then will it still produce healthy chicks??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom