DAY 19 & Pipping!!? Update ~ 5 Chicks Hatched out of 7!!! (-=

celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif

We have chick # 3 hatched out!!! MY BO hens CHICK!!
yippiechickie.gif
I am so happy!

There is this green stuff in the egg? Is that normal? Chick seems fine and nothing attached to him.

UPDATE

Out of the 7 eggs that were officially due today as day 21, 5 chicks hatched with one hatching with yolk sac attached. I am proud to say he is still doing fine. The stuff dried to him and he is walking around and peeping. Hope he makes it. One egg had pipped and zipped and was just about out but it looks like it got stuck to the shell and died. I wish I had helped him out but I thought he was doing good on his own. One egg is still in the bator and hasn't pipped as of yet. I will give this egg a few more days before tossing. I had 2 of my 3 BO eggs hatch out and have healthy chicks that look just like their mommy. So happy about that!

I have another batch that is due to hatch May 3. Hopefully they make it as it is a 'staggered' hatch.

eta: pics coming soon! left my camera somewhere and haven't been back over to get it.

Last edited:
LOL There was that brief feeling of doing it right but now it has covered with anxiety!

I have 3!!!

3 are pipping. One looked kind of like a crack, like if one had rolled over and knocked the other. But it can't be a crack because I have been keeping a close check on these buggers!

I am so happy, the ones that are pipping are from my beloved BO hen that someone let out a week or so ago and something got her. I think it was the fox. I was so upset when I found her gone but I still had her eggs in the bator so I have been really hoping to hatch her babies at least...Please Lord, let them hatch!!
fl.gif
That's kinda me. I have 19 Easter eggers in my incubator. My sister had EEers ang she passed in Nov 22. My brother and mom care for her chickens now. I wanted some of her EEers so we are on day 19 and one green egg is pipping!!! I hope they are OK. The shells are a bit weak so they will be easier to pip open I just hope the chicks are healthy even though the shells are weak. Saying a lil prayer for my EE babies about to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom