Day 20 and I hear cheeping

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ScottyGill, Jul 17, 2019.

1. She’s out. Had a wee run round and is now resting. Her feet are perfect! I am glad I helped her. The other eggs are showing no signs yet.

2. ValerieJ

ValerieJ Free Ranging

Jul 24, 2016
    Washington State
    That was great fun. :ya I came late to the party and it was like watching a marathon of my favorite TV show! I'm so glad the hatching is going so well. Have never done this myself, so I'm anxious to read every detail. :caf Thanks for sharing your experience with us! :goodpost:

3. 1D4FE16E-F5FF-48E4-9F56-2ED7899DC220.jpeg They seem to be cuddling together. I will leave them just now to get fully dry and move then later.
    I need to get out the house. Now I’m worried there eyes are closed :he It’s maybe just as well this book came today

4. Ok they eyes are opening. Just sleepy :barnie

5. Nathalie

Nathalie Chirping

Jul 8, 2019
    Belgium - Europe
    :lau

Congrats with the babies!! Super cute!!

casportpony, ValerieJ and ScottyGill like this.
  6. They’re both fluffy and very active so I’ve popped them under their Brinsea 600 brooder plate. Both curled up in a ball together and i hear lots of little happy cheeps. As I removed my wee rescue chick I saw eggNo 3 has pipped. I am not touching or opening anything now! This is her in picture no 2. I was worried she wasn’t opening her eyes earlier but she’s fine. I will try introducing them to the water later on once they’ve settled in.

Attached Files:

7. BigBlueHen53

BigBlueHen53 Crowing

Mar 5, 2019
    SE Missouri, USA
    :clap:clap:clap

casportpony and ValerieJ like this.
  8. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Partially Enlightened

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Congratulations!
    You opening the incubator with that big humidity in you house didn't hurt a thing.

What can hurt is having too high humidity in your bator...you don't want it above 80% ever.

FowlWitch, casportpony and ValerieJ like this.
    casportpony likes this.
  10. It is about 70-75% I had to open it slightly to allow it to settle
    This morning as it shot right up, I had used warm water, got such a shock. But it sorted out pretty quickly. I feel less tense about opening the incubator now I realise the humidity is as high outside as inside. What I do feel is maybe I shouldn’t have moved it’s position.but I’m an over thinker always looking for reasons

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: