Day 20 for Coturnix and still nothing.

I turn mine even while storing them before they go into bator.I set them in an auto turner on a counter in a cool spot in the basement.
In N.H.,Tony.
Quote:
I saw someone on here posting that misinformation........before. You know the broody hen count down 3 days before they start turning the eggs.

hatching quai eggs is not a rocket science ! they're easiest eggs to hatch, just be patient and a little luck, most of the time eggs don't hatch the way we wanted because of the incubator's temp is not stable, think about how quail hatch in nature ! with extreme weather they still hatch for thousands of years ! just bepatient and and follow instruction in E-HOW.COM and i guarantee you your eggs will hatch ! with small incubator humidity is not an issue, just make sure u maintain a little water in the bottom of the tray and that's enough. don't disturb the eggs too much with candle testing and float test ! remember that quails don't do that to their eggs in nature !

Well quail aren't the easiest to hatch. While they are very fast they can prove fairly tricky. Humidity is an issue because they are game birds. You shouldn't just guess at the humidity either. Plus why go to e-how where people probably have no idea what theyre doing when you have BYC? I would trust this site over e-how any day.

Look, just because its on the internet and has pictures don't mean its true. Plus it is very confusing because it talks about two different species. 85% humidity is a tad high for me, but I'm not going to argue about that...

85% is way too high, I've had mine get that high during a hatch and had a lot of chicks drown. I also ended up needing to take the already hatched babies out just so they would dry. The few that had been dry before the humidity spiked were soaking wet like the new babies.

The type of incubator use ,makes a big different... temp, humidity, turning....in that order thing to watch for good hatch.

I also thinks quail eggs not that hard to hatch, but raising some can be a trick.

speaking of incubators, what do you all think is a good one. I just have the Lg but am not real happy with it. If I was to buy a new one, what is good. I would like something like a brinsea but cant afford anything very high. I've been looking at the eco 20. It's a little out of my price range but was wondering if it was worth the money. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom