Day 20 need reassurance

I don't normally use a heat lamp at all. That's is specifically for handling and inspecting the first few days so there's no ambient chill. I had just got done and it helped with picture lighting. We keep the windows open this time of year. Hence the poly sides temporarily too.

That room goes from about 50/55 to 70 everyday so I control the chill for a few days until they know what to do. The light is way too strong for chicks. It's for my hair 🤣 It keeps their floor at 78 at that distance. I promise that thing goes up after about 3 days and only goes on when I'm with them.

I don't normally use a heat lamp at all. That's is specifically for handling and inspecting the first few days so there's no ambient chill. I had just got done and it helped with picture lighting. We keep the windows open this time of year. Hence the poly sides temporarily too.
That room goes from about 50/55 to 70 everyday so I control the chill for a few days until they know what to do. The light is way too strong for chicks. It's for my hair 🤣 It keeps their floor at 78 at that distance. I promise that thing goes up after about 3 days and only goes on when I'm with them.

That makes sense :)

Some people over-heat chicks and cause extra problems, so I just wanted to check ;)

The way I've got their box set up it stays pretty comfortable. But if I'm going to open the lid I cut the heat lamp on just to keep the chill out of that spot.

Back
Top Bottom