Day 20! ***UPDATE! #2 We have a baby!!! PIC!!

Awww I wish I could have more Gwens! She is the cutest ever. But her boyfriend is a black bantam Cochin. EVERYTHING from him turns out black.
hmm.png
I would ask the guy I got Gwen from, but he sold Gwen's mom to a guy in San Diego. Buffy is now a spoiled pet after a couple years of breeding.

UPDATE!!!
I checked on Gwen this morning and one of the eggs was pipping and peeping!
wee.gif
DH is home today so he will give me updates throughout the day! Go little baby, go!
The egg pipping belongs to Daisy...
Chickens122.jpg

Don't say never to the silkies Cyn
smile.png
...I used to think they were pretty ugly and odd looking....now I think they're pretty cute and I've got my first silkie eggs in the incubator right now
smile.png
. They're the eggs that were in the mail for 8 days, but when I candled some of them I could see veins in most of the ones I candled, so I might get some yet. I want them to use as broodies. I've also got some "giant silkies" in there that are a cross that are supposed to be bigger and still be good broodies.

Only BLRW eggs, Miss Carri, just from my pal Hotwing and his ladies. And I'll know if you try to sneak one of those silly featherduster eggs in the pkg, too, LOL!
gig.gif

Actually, I have three pullets who are 1/4 Silkie, if you remember Kate, Tux and Olivia, the PoufyHead Sisters. They have normal feathers, though. One was trying to go broody one day recently, sat all day in a nest screeching and puffing up, then DH removed her at bedtime to put her on the roost and spoiled all my fun, dang it. It completely broke the spell.

My Blrw eggs that I hatched almost 3 weeks ago are some of the most friendly chicks I think I've ever had. Cyn...featherduster describes them (the silkies) pretty well
smile.png

Carri...are yours light or dark blue? Mine were supposed to be a mix, but it looks like mine are gonna be light...or does that change when they get their adult feathers?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom