Day 21 - 76% Humidity.... HELP!!

If it's day 21 thats okay....Do you have chicks hatching or pips?..when chicks hatch the humidity goes up anyway...

I use 60 to 70%... 75% is just fine...it just depends on where you live and your surroundings, weather & climate, heating and such...

Quote:
OK it is time for one of dem STUPID questions
big_smile.png

How do you get to the water source, to cover part of it,
without haveing to take the turner out? And even better
question is, How the heck do you add water (use a straw)
but still find "C" part of the plastic linner that comes with
the Gen 1588?
Oh how I hate being dumb!
th.gif
hu.gif

John

No, I can't see any pips yet and no chicks either. I feel better now.
smile.png
I am trying the egg carton for hatching this time, I cut the sides down, and put holes in the bottom of the cups for better circulation, but one thing I don't like about it vs. laying them on their side, is not being able to see the majority of the egg. Makes it harder to look for pips. I'll let you know how it goes, hopefully sometime soon there will be some action starting.
smile.png

John, I just use a straw through the vent hole and use a syringe to put water in it. If you are past day 18 you should not have your turner in there anymore. If it is before day 18, I just open the lid and pour water into the bator directly. I do have 1 row of the turner removed, so I have room to dump the water in there. I am also using the Genesis 1588. I am pretty new to this, this is only my 2nd hatch, but I would be happy to answer any questions I can.

Steffanie

What I do is just lift the whole thing and slid folded tin foil in one corner and if it didn't go down I added more to the next corner. I have a hovabator 1588, I didn't have any problem lifting the turner and the screen...just do it gently. Make sure you fold the tin foil a few times so it's stronger and you can push and shove it around. OH and what I used is a turkey baster
wink.png
Worked great!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom