Day 21 and no sign of hatching..

I think the temperature should be closer to 100 or 101 in an incubator without a fan. The lower temperature could cause the hatch to be delayed.
It might not hurt to give the egg a few more days.

Well I openend the egg today ( after candeling a few times HOPING for some movement) and nothing. .I opened the egg to find a dead baby chick. I took a few pics. Poor little guy looked fully devepoped. What do you all think happened. Would it be terrible if I posted the pics I took? Maybe so you all could help me determine what happened so I could avoid it next time? I cried, he was so cute.

Well I openend the egg today ( after candeling a few times HOPING for some movement) and nothing. .I opened the egg to find a dead baby chick. I took a few pics. Poor little guy looked fully devepoped. What do you all think happened. Would it be terrible if I posted the pics I took? Maybe so you all could help me determine what happened so I could avoid it next time? I cried, he was so cute.
Post the pics. So more experienced people (aka not me)
lol.png
can tell what happened sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

I am not expert but it looks to me like the yolk sack is not even fully absorbed, if you were running the incubator at 95 like you said maybe that is the problem, that is 6 or 7 degrees cooler than recommended, could have caused the chick to develop too slowly and eventually die? Like someone suggested above boost the temp up to 100-102 and try to keep it in that range, also monitor the temperature at the same level as the eggs in the incubator, as it is a still air the warmer air will be at the top of the incubator so if that is where your thermometer is it will read much higher than the actual temperature where the eggs are laying in the bottom of the unit.

My eggs have been in the incubator for 29 days. I tried to keep the temp around 99.5F. All of them passed te flow test, meaning their air sac is still intact and not dead, right? My husband wants to crack the eggs. I feel like I want to wait another few days since the temp is sometimes around97F. Any suggestion?
Also the one egg that hatched has a foot that curled up. I heard someone said to put tapes to flatten it to help it to stand. This fella seems to be weak and sick. After I feed it with ensure/coconut water, its breathing is very shallow.

My eggs have been in the incubator for 29 days. I tried to keep the temp around 99.5F. All of them passed te flow test, meaning their air sac is still intact and not dead, right? My husband wants to crack the eggs. I feel like I want to wait another few days since the temp is sometimes around97F. Any suggestion?
Also the one egg that hatched has a foot that curled up. I heard someone said to put tapes to flatten it to help it to stand. This fella seems to be weak and sick. After I feed it with ensure/coconut water, its breathing is very shallow.

What do you mean about the 'flow test'? Did you put them in water or something?
I found that my incubator temperature on my last hatch was 97 degrees. 8 chicks hatched on day 22 and 23. The last chick hatched 3 days late at the end of day 24. And it only lived a week. All the other chicks had died without pipping. I'm sorry to say that your chicks are not going to hatch. And it's time to say it's over.
I know this is heartbreaking. It happens to all of us occasionally.
sad.png

Thanks. The float test is putting the eggs in 100F water to see whether it float just above the water line. They all seem to do that.

Thanks. The float test is putting the eggs in 100F water to see whether it float just above the water line. They all seem to do that.

The egg shell is porous and the water will get inside the egg and drown a developing chick. Float testing should only be done on eggs you plan to eat. Candling is the only way incubating eggs should be checked. Use a bright flashlight in a totally dark room to see inside the egg.This does not harm the chick if it's done quickly.

The egg shell is porous and the water will get inside the egg and drown a developing chick. Float testing should only be done on eggs you plan to eat. Candling is the only way incubating eggs should be checked. Use a bright flashlight in a totally dark room to see inside the egg.This does not harm the chick if it's done quickly.

Float testing has been done on incubating eggs as a last resort to check if a chick is still alive in an unhatched egg that is overdue and likely dead anyways. You can't see much by candling in the last stages is incubation the chicks is so large it file the shell and it is simply black when candling. This should be done only as a last resort

Back
Top Bottom