Day 21 and nothing's happening...Is this normal??????

Wait another day or two. Did you candle them at anytime during the incubation? You can be careful and pull 1 or 2 out and candle them. Remember when a broody hatches she doesn't go into lock down. She will probably sit pretty tight but I have see mine get up and readjust.

Yes, I candled them before lockdown. All looked good, but so far only one pip and I have 20 eggs. No noises.... so I can try and candle while in lockdown?

I have done it I just get them in and out of the incubator as fast as I can and they still hatched.

You don't always hear peeping. I sometimes have eggs pipped with no peeping and unpipped eggs that peep.

How much progress has it had? Is it trying to zip yet?

No zipping yet... How long does it normally take after the first pip?

Last edited:
Just depends. Some hatch fast and some seem to take forever.

I have only one egg still peeping and nothing from the others. I candled the real quick and ended up pulling on efrom my bantam that didn't seem to have quit before, but it did early. Not sure how I missed that. There's a dark on I can't see anything through, but I have a feeling it's clear because it just feels like it to me. Most of this hatch was shipped eggs and only got 3 to lockdown.

One of mine has a wavy aircell. Usually those don't make it although I have had some that did, so I'll leave that one in there. I think the aircells were so damaged I'm lucky if I get one to hatch. Not that I don't have close to 200 eggs going right now, so I won't be to short of birds. LOL

Back
Top Bottom