Day 21 and only one chick piping out of 7

Stormlillyevans

Chirping
Jul 1, 2020
Hi all,
I am using the Brinsea mini advanced and it has been amazing I really recommend it!! Anyway it is day 21 today and only one chick it piping. I candled all of the eggs 3 days ago before I put them into lockdown and all of them but one was not fertile. I am very worried because it’s my first time incubating. I am very unsure if any of the other chicks will hatch. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 3D7B7924-9DBC-43EA-84A6-84EDBAD321A3.jpeg
    3D7B7924-9DBC-43EA-84A6-84EDBAD321A3.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 24
Hi! That pip you have got looks very good and healthy! If a chick has been able to externally pip, it should be healthy enough to hatch given enough temp and humidity. I suggest for you to not worry, your chicks will be fine! I pray that in a few days you will have some very heathly, cute, fluffy chicks :hugs

Bri
Hi! That pip you have got looks very good and healthy! If a chick has been able to externally pip, it should be healthy enough to hatch given enough temp and humidity. I suggest for you to not worry, your chicks will be fine! I pray that in a few days you will have some very heathly, cute, fluffy chicks :hugs
Brilliant! I’m so happy to hear this! Thank you so much for your reply x

How did you get on with the hatch?
Hi!! So earlier yesterday I went down the see the eggs and a black little silkie was in there, it was so gorgeous and he was already fluffed. I took him out a couple of hours latter and then another silkie hatched and a Poland chamois straight after. Our buff Orpington is piping so that should hatch today no piping in any of the other eggs yet but when I candled them last they were all fertile but one. So fingers crossed we will get 6/7 baby chicks 🐤 🤞

We hatched a batch of chickens in March and when the first one started to pip; my daughter downloaded from youtube the sounds of pipping and played it to the babies. I swear it made the babies come out faster!! :wee

Back
Top Bottom