Day 21 - So far - So good......One concern though.....

Ducati

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 4, 2009
I have 2 c h i c k s that dont seem to be progressing. They have pipped a decent size hole, stick their beak thru it every now and then, but dont seem to be catching on to the zip part.....

Should I worry about the hole and the c h i c k drying out, or will they pick up on the whole zipping part later????

Sometimes they are tired and stop for awhile, but sometimes they will not make it at all. This is just nature, if the chick is too weak it will die in the shell.

Sit on your hands, don't open the incubator and let what happens happen........ It's so very hard to do, huh?? Good luck!

fl.gif

Quote:
In my experience the chick can still hatch. If you are thinking about interveining you have to think about a few things. If you open your bator you will lose humitity that your other e g g s need to hatch. Also if the chick isn't hatching there may be something wrong with it. Mother nature has its on way to cull the weak. Some do help, others don't and if you do you chick may or may not make it. Hard choice I know. I have had it go both ways. Good luck, but I would give it more time.

Now you can tap on your bator and cheep to the e g g s, This will encourage them. That is what a mother hen does.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom