Day 22 and 2 unhatched eggs

Tippyschicks

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2023
I started out with 12 eggs, I candled them at 10 days , 1 was unfertilized so I removed it, candled them again on day 18 two had started to develop and stopped somewhere between day 10 and day 18, so I was left with 9 eggs. On day 20 7 of them externally peeped and 4 hatched that night between 9pm and 11pm then 3 hatched between 2am and 7am. So I have 7 healthy chicks , but my concern is the 2 that haven't hatched yet it's day 22 and no signs of hatching, they were alive when I cancelled them on lockdown day 18.. will they still hatch or is it a loss?

It's not uncommon for there to be a few stragglers that hatch a day or two late. If nothing has happened by day 24-25 you can start to do an Assisted Hatch. If the babies are still alive but the egg back in the incubator. If you don't hear or see anything that then the eggs can be tossed.

With the already hatched chicks still in the incubator I can't tell if it's them chirping or the eggs.🤦

You can take the hatched chicks out of the incubator and put them into the brooder so you can hear.
I took the hatchlings out and put them in my make shift brooder and noticed a smell coming from the eggs so I did an eggtopsy and both apparently died after lockdown 🥺 I sanitized the incubator now I'm ready for the next cutch to go in .

Back
Top Bottom