Day 22 of chicken egg

theammonite

In the Brooder
Jul 30, 2023
Hello all, I got my egg 22 days ago now, as of last night I noticed this spot on the inside that seemed to be rubbed away. I know they absorb the veins over time, and I get my baby is probably late due to a inconsistency with the temperature, the reason for that being that it’s been storming the past couple weeks and we had a few power outages, resulting in drop of temperature for the poor thing.

It is actively still moving, I will provide an update picture to this thread shortly after I do my rounds, I just wanted to make this post to get some replies first, maybe it’s nothing, maybe it’s something!

Please be kind, this is my first egg I’ve ever incubated, I usually would let nature do it’s thing, but I don’t have access to a hen that wants to broody for me.

Attachments

• IMG_4403.jpeg
    IMG_4403.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 62
it is definitely not developing anymore. it looks like it developed to a point and stopped which made a blood ring which is what you are mistaking for veins.

Hello all, I got my egg 22 days ago now, as of last night I noticed this spot on the inside that seemed to be rubbed away. I know they absorb the veins over time, and I get my baby is probably late due to a inconsistency with the temperature, the reason for that being that it’s been storming the past couple weeks and we had a few power outages, resulting in drop of temperature for the poor thing.

It is actively still moving, I will provide an update picture to this thread shortly after I do my rounds, I just wanted to make this post to get some replies first, maybe it’s nothing, maybe it’s something!

Please be kind, this is my first egg I’ve ever incubated, I usually would let nature do it’s thing, but I don’t have access to a hen that wants to broody for me.
I’m sorry but the egg looks to be dead the fact that you can see through the egg really well and that the veins are falling away means it is dead.

This is how the eggs looks now, I can still see very minimal movement.. I don’t think it’s dead yet?

Edit; I can’t see through it at all no matter how I angle it, veins are almost totally gone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 14
This is how the eggs looks now, I can still see very minimal movement.. I don’t think it’s dead yet?

Edit; I can’t see through it at all no matter how I angle it, veins are almost totally gone.
Oh ok my bad the first pic looks clear. If you want to you can leave it in for 3-4 more days but I don’t think later today or tomorrow your going to see any movement I’m sorry.

This egg is no good.

Oh ok my bad the first pic looks clear. If you want to you can leave it in for 3-4 more days but I don’t think later today or tomorrow your going to see any movement I’m sorry.
Okay, I heard something about using water to see if eggs are still good, do you potentially know anything about this?

Are these 2 different eggs?

This picture doesn't look like hatch day.
Can you take a video of this egg...in this exact position on the light...and wiggle the egg a little while recording?

Are these 2 different eggs?

This picture doesn't look like hatch day.
Can you take a video of this egg...in this exact position on the light...and wiggle the egg a little while recording?
Yes it’s the same egg, I only have one actively. I’ll try to get this video for you.

Back
Top Bottom