Day 22 of incubation and no chicks yet???

People going overboard with humidity again....... come on folks, stop going overboard! Your chicks will hatch fine with lower humidity! Why risk drowning? Too late now.
Sorry- not going overboard. In the 3 week period of my previous batch I did not need to top up the water once. Sadly that incubator did not have a humidity sensor in it. Only 5 chicks hatched and all with deformaties of some kind. All of which according to this group linked to incorrect humidity. So I'll stick by thoughts- the past poor hatch was humidity related. Chicks in my other incubator have not had this problem. Temp was correct as I had 2 Thermometer in it.

I'm also new at this and coincidence has it my eggs are day 22. Some are rocking and others are not moving. I'm going to wait it out at least 2 more days to see what happens. This is my 6th batch I'm hatching but the first batch that seems very delayed. It's a waiting game and sometimes a disappointment. I lost all my previous batch. Humidity must have been incorrect as it was the only " difference" between that batch and previous batches.

Usually late hatches are caused by temperature being a little too low.

Yes I was worried to with my first ones to hatch it started with a tiny pip and didn’t change much through the day but in about 1 hour all of the action happenes lucky enough to see it just come out of the shell

I agree with Yorksire about counting days and low temps. I will also add that in my 2 hatches this year, most action has been on day 22 and running into 23. It takes forever for the first hatch after that first pip. I'd be willing to bet that today and tomorrow will be action packed
I also have a question this is my first time hatching chicks and we are hatching buff Orpingtons under 2 silkie hens we are just hatching 6 as it is our first time. But 3 from one chicken have hatched on day 21 but no sign of the others hatching from the other chicken and today is day 23 is that normal? We candles the eggs and could see that 3/4 of the egg is blacked out and 1/4 is clear which I am assuming is the air sack?

I also have a question this is my first time hatching chicks and we are hatching buff Orpingtons under 2 silkie hens we are just hatching 6 as it is our first time. But 3 from one chicken have hatched on day 21 but no sign of the others hatching from the other chicken and today is day 23 is that normal? We candles the eggs and could see that 3/4 of the egg is blacked out and 1/4 is clear which I am assuming is the air sack?
Maybe do a float test to check if they are alive?

Back
Top Bottom