Day 23 and this chick thought it was day 21?!?!

Gosh I woke up to NOTHING!!!!!

hit.gif
hit.gif

Day 21 and no movement and no peeping. Please babies come out!

ohhhhhhhh

I am sad....

Don't give up! I just had my first hatch Tuesday. 17 eggs, only one hatched and it was day 23!
tongue.png

It is so sad! I have usually a pip by late on day 20 and here it is day 21 with nothing! No pip, no cheep no rocking eggs!!
sad.png

wow, now I am wondering what did I mess up on?
barnie.gif

Day 22 here and I think I hear a cheeping in the incubator, but then again I have chicks everywhere are chickens outside. I went to put my ear up to the incubator and it sounds like a "peep"? Oh gosh babies hatch!!!

I wish I could do somthing right now, but all I can do is be a cheering squad.
he.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Just leave 'em in there and hope for the best. I have had some freaky hatches before, like my last one. Three of the six eggs hatched 2 days early, and I left the eggs in there and then on day 22-23 I had another pop out. They like to play games sometimes. All chicks hatched out healthy, I only lost one in the brooder. They are a couple weeks old now and going strong.
tongue.png

-Kim

So here is the story..................

Day 22 came and left and when I was going to bed, I deciced that I need to candle them to see what was going on and prob throw them away..........
sad.png

So started to candle them.....they all pipped the air cell but I did not see movement in the first two. Then as I went to go pick up another 2 eggs, one of them CHEEPED at me and started moving in the egg like crazy. Immidiatly I put it down and left the rest alone.

So 1hr after...A PIP! so I left it alone and went to be thinking.......to late to hatch prob wont....

Then this morning I hear CHIRPING! There was a BABY!
wee.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

One baby is better then none! "Her" name is Topaz! She is a pretty dark blue silke!

YEA!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom