Day 23 no pips

It is a shame you don't have a brooding hen you could bring into the house to take over for the brooder..
My hens are terrible mothers. Haha. Still hopeful here.. i mean until something smells i think i want to try and see this through … gathering for the new incubator and 2nd go … wil wait for power to come back on before we start that try. :)

Today is day 21 if I count from the day after I set the eggs. I have 4 silkie eggs , 5 brown layer eggs, and 5 Easter egger eggs . None have made any internal sounds or pipping . I candle two eggs yesterday in fear that my temperature was too hight bc the temperature read 41°c and the humidity was at 55% when I candles the one silkie egg he/she was moving and looking healthy , then I candled one of my easter eggers and I couldn't see movement but it's beak was close to the air cell . My temperature is now reading 37°c and humidity is at 60% . Should I continue to wait for these babies or did I do something wrong ? This is my first time incubating my own eggs.. fyi: (homemade incubator) any advice would be helpful. Thanks, concerned mama
What candle device do you use? I couldn’t hardly see into my eggs! 😖

I have had incubator issues and broody hen issues with this hatch.I have seen what seems to be small movements and the beak is facing down but hasn't pipped into the air cell.Ihad others hatch sat at 2 pm. THEY WERE large chicks eggs .My silkie egg is on day 23 or 24 .It doesn't sink it isn't sweating .How much longer should I wait ? I did have it on the shelf about 6 to 7 days before incubatng.I see the eye and beak facing down and are th the membrane before the air cell.Im afraid to open the egg and possibly kill it if it isn't dead yet.Advice please.

Back
Top Bottom