Day 23 ,now day 24 ,12:15 am / day 24 ,8:45 am no one made it

chicken delighted

Songster
8 Years
Mar 26, 2011
mesick,michigan
it is now day 23 and i am going CRAZY.
barnie.gif

i just add water to the rings in the incubator, (should i have done this) i had been very careful not to overload it. but now i think i might not have had the right amount of humity. order hydomeater on friday.wish they would tell you this is a good thing to have when you get the incubator. i have a little gaint still air at tihs point i am not happy with it.
how much longer should i wait ? we saw the eggs moving yesterday but nothing happen.
th.gif

just cant give up . please send any information or adivice
does any one have any information on how much humity should be in incubators from begining to end?

1:45 pm WE HEAR PEEPING I AM TRYING TO KEEP COOL BUT I WANT TO GO IN AND GET THE LITTLE GUY out , BUT I KNOW I MUST WAIT TO SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT this is sooooooooooooooooo hard i wll keep in forming as the day goes on
fl.gif

Last edited:
I feel your pain! I just used an LG for my first hatch and had the hardest time getting to maintain a temperature even in the ballpark of where it should be, and getting humidity up after day 18 was difficult as well. Starting on day 18 I believe the recommended humidity is 60-70%. I just kept adding warm water and wet paper towels to keep it up.

I'd say if yesterday you saw movement but haven't had any pips, wait for a bit. Try to keep the humidity up, because the inner membrane may have dried out, making it difficult to pip.

ETA: Humidity from the beginning should be around 45%, but everyone has their own method or percentage that seems to work for them.

Good luck!
fl.gif

Last edited:
12:03 am now we are heading into the 24 day .
i have found the egg in which the chick is peeping. no piping yet. i have boosted the hunmity up with the jar of water and sponge. but since i have no way of telling if it is the right amount , (any one doing this for the frist time buy a hydromeater )i will have to leave the rest in the hand of the real person in charge to see what will happen next.

is this fun or what
caf.gif

i am goin to get some sleep i hope to report when i wake i see a chick
signing off sleepless in michigan

Last edited:
mine still didnt hatch either but she pipped and maybe started zipping but that was last night and this morning still no chick. now im on the 23rd day and she isnt even peeping or moving anymore. i hope both of ours hatch soon
fl.gif

we lost our batch
hit.gif
the one that was chripping was still doing it at 6 but by 8 it was gone i feel awful i did not go in and get it ,but when i went in after no sound i noticed that the navel area was big and that it had not even broke thur the air sack, also ayellow jelly like subtanc was around the belly (mushy chick ?)so if i am right i think i did not have enough humity and my temps where to low. all other chicks had formed but no one got thru the air sack. it makes me sick
hu.gif
poor things
i am trying agian i hope this work because i do not like to toss life away. way to preious
if any has any words of wisdom send them on
thanks every one for your help!

Quote:
this stinks
rant.gif

i am so sorry
hit.gif
mine was like that to what went wrong do you think ? i am so sad over our loses i just enjoy my birds so much.
my whole batch gone
hit.gif
do you have any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom