day 24 Should I give up?

I opened the eggs tonight and nothing but mixed up yoke and white. Could something have happened during shipping?. Box was in perfect shape. The next eggs I buy will be local. Honestly i'm glad I didn't find little peeps. Thanks again everyone.

You should look up how to candle your eggs, lots of info on this. You will be able to see there aren't any chicks growing at 5 days. Your next hatch you won't be waiting as long for nothing. I'ts such a bummer getting none to hatch, it happens to a lot of people with shipped eggs. I've had none hatch from shipped eggs a few times and 90% hatch before. Hope you get a good hatch next time.
smile.png

I opened the eggs last night. None of them were developed. Just yolky white. Called the guy I bought the eggs from in Pa..to let him know. Wasn't expecting anything, just letting him know. Felt sure he sennt me good eggs but maybe poor handleing in transit. He volunteered to send me more eggs.!! That's rreally nice and good business. If I hatch the new eggs without incident he'll be my main source. The End : )

I opened the eggs last night. None of them were developed. Just yolky white. Called the guy I bought the eggs from in Pa..to let him know. Wasn't expecting anything, just letting him know. Felt sure he sennt me good eggs but maybe poor handleing in transit. He volunteered to send me more eggs.!! That's rreally nice and good business. If I hatch the new eggs without incident he'll be my main source. The End : )

It's great that he's willing to replace your eggs! Good customer service like that is a rare thing anymore, but he knows how to keep his people happy! I hope this next batch turns out better for you.

yesss.gif

Because shipping can be hard on the eggs, replacement isn't always warrented. Very nice to have more eggs offered!! Just know about half the eggs shipped do not grow. Just the nature of transported eggs.

Last edited:
I got some pricey eggs from a popular BYC seller recently and they arrived packed well in foam, but 5 were rolling around loose, 3 of which were dented and broken. I set the unbroken ones, and tonight one of them hatched. I really didn't expect any to hatch so I am hopeful that more will make it.

Back
Top Bottom