Day 25 and nothing? advice?

kikidee

Songster
8 Years
May 30, 2011
San Clemente
It is day 25 for my cayuga duck eggs. So far these last 4/7 seemed to be doing really well with lots of movement when I candled them a couple days ago. Isn't there supposed to be movement or peeping?
sad.png
They're just laying in the same spot with no noise.

Also, later toward the night, is that when I set the temperature to be cooler in the incubator or is that tomorrow? And can I start putting in a bunch of stuff to increase humidity wildly?

Thanks for any advice/support!
<3 kiki

Well domestic ducks derived from mallards (so pretty much all ducks besides scovies) have a 28 day incubation period. Now that said, sometimes if the temp lowers at times, the incubation will take a few days longer. There should be external pipping around day 27-28 but again that depends on the temp. I would either move them to a bator and put them on lockdown with the temp at 99 and humidity at 65-75% now or leave them and let momma hatch them out.
Oh I almost forgot, it doesn't take much water to bring the humidity up, I'd about a teaspoon for a small incubator and a tablespoon or so for a large bator

Last edited:
Day 26-28 is lockdown, when you Up the humidity. The higher the humidity the better. I up my humidity to 80. Temp is the same from start to finish ~99 The hatch can take longer than 28 days. my eggs usually start to rock @ lockdown. Talk to the eggs & the babies become more active during lockdown. To up the humidity i fill all the water tunnels in bottom of incubator and Add a couple wash clothes with warm water in them(dont ring the water out all the way). then leave incubator closed till the hatch is complete. Good luck with your duckies, ~Julie~

Back
Top Bottom