Day 27 at least 1 baby hatched

RED girl

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 12, 2013
I have seen one baby out of the shell. When mama lifted up it was moving around on top of the other eggs. When does mama get up and show the baby where the food and water is and what about the other eggs? How long will she continue on the others?

Once the oldest baby is 3 days old, I take the unhatched eggs out from under the mom. Some moms have a tendency to keep sitting on unhatched eggs instead of helping the chicks that are hatched get food and water.

Thank you for info. I ended up with 6 hatching. I bought a incubator yesterday and I have maintained 98.5 temp overnight. I am going to move the eggs today. I just checked and she had three eggs just around her edge not tucked like the past two days.

Once the oldest baby is 3 days old, I take the unhatched eggs out from under the mom. Some moms have a tendency to keep sitting on unhatched eggs instead of helping the chicks that are hatched get food and water.

Good to know. This is exactly what I did today and it's Day 3. I put the eggs in an incubator. So I will watch them for a few days. Thanks for the reply and information. Much appreciated. I am still learning and this adventure has been a major learning experience for me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom