Day 3 of Incubation

Etika

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2018
So, I have 11 fertile chicken eggs currently in an incubator, I have candled half of the eggs and there are no veins is this normal or are they dead?

If they are fertile you should see veins 7 to 10 days. If they are completely clear they were never fertile. If a solid red ring around center of egg the embryo died during first few days of incubation. Info from my incuview incubator manual. We just hatched 21 out of 23. Hope this helps.

I candle when I set them to look for obvious defects and make sure they are aircell up. then I candle on days 7, 14 and 18. I don't throw out eggs until day 14 candling unless there is something obviously wrong (bad smell, blood ring) I've had a couple eggs I wasn't 100% sure about on day 7 that were fine on day 14.

Thank you for the info, so I should suspect nothing the first 3-5 days.
The only thing we did was check for fertility before hand they will glow when candled. Then 7 to 10 check for veins. We had couple no veins and one blurry red we discarded those and kept the ones with veins. It was my first hatch it went well. Http://Incubatorwarehouse.com /incubating eggs

The only thing we did was check for fertility before hand they will glow when candled. Then 7 to 10 check for veins. We had couple no veins and one blurry red we discarded those and kept the ones with veins. It was my first hatch it went well. Http://Incubatorwarehouse.com /incubating eggs
Ok, now one more question I have another batch that I have been incubating and it is watery around the air cell is that normal?

Back
Top Bottom