DAY 30 of Sebbie Goose EGGS -- Anyone else hatching right now too????

M0therGoose

Songster
11 Years
Apr 1, 2009
Houston area, Texas
Its day 30 and I have 3 goose eggs in the bator-- all are wiggling, all are in the air cell and pecking away and 1 has pipped!!! Yeah!!!! I am so excited!

Anyone else hatching geese right now too? I'd love to hear what's going on with yours too!

Last edited:
I am Also hatching some..all of them are rocking
big_smile.png
and hopefully all will hatch this weekend. Good luck on your hatch

Today is day 32 for me. All but two eggs have hatched. One of the two that are left has pipped, and I don't think my one Sebbie egg is going to do anything. The ducks I have are flying out of their shells though!
big_smile.png

I had 2 sebbi hatch out yesterday, it was on day 29.
1 duck hatched with in hours of the sebbi and 3 hatched buy midnight and 1 finished hatching this afternoon around 4pm
very nerve wracking hatch. I didnt think the 5th duck was going to make it out of the shell, when it finally dragged its little self out the yolk sack wasnt completely absorbed and it looked like it had a big belly button.
it seems to be doing fine now, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I have my fingers crossed for you!
fl.gif

I never figured I would get any of my eggs to hatch, so now they all seem to be hatching:D I am up to 5 Saxonies and two Cayuga, plus the 3 Toulouse. I also have more eggs in the bator due to hatch next week, plus some mystery ducks I put in last week. I am going to be overrun with ducks and geese!
I had a couple of duckling with their navels a little open. They seem to be closing up now and the babies are happy and eating and drinking.

As far as the navels go, I left them alone and they look fine now. Took about 48 hours to close up.
I had a duck that pipped on monday, and it finally hatched sometime early this morning. It is doing fine. I would just leave the pipped one alone. From what I have read they will get out eventually. My last goose to hatch took a very long time as well.

Back
Top Bottom