Day 31 and still no chicks but I can hear chirping

Are you sure you counted the days right? Its not likely they would be still alive if it was actually day 31. Often times, mother hens will partially sit on the eggs for a few moments everyday to build their clutch. The clutch is the amount of eggs they sit on during incubation.
Is it possible you started counting the days before she had her clutch built, and was scarily incubating the eggs? It can take about a week before she decides the clutch is big enough to incubate.
The day I started counting was 3/23/21, and she had the nine eggs that I have in the incubator right now. We put her in lockdown by herself with the eggs, and after seeing they didn’t hatch we moved them to the incubator. But before I put them in here I did throw two away cause they were infertile

You said you heard peeping? From which eggs are you hearing the peeping? If they are peeping, they are definitely alive. You can candle any eggs you think may be dead, just do it fast.
Your also mentioning broken eggs, are they broken from momma stepping on them, or from zipping and trying to hatch?

Did you have the food so close to her that she could eat while sitting? You want to make the food far enough away so that she has t get up to eat and drink. Then, she won't poop on the eggs. Her pooping on the eggs can cause all kinds if problems in the incubation.
They cracked from zipping because when I put them in the incubator none of them were cracked except for one. It was the one chirping the most.

all of our dog crates were being used so we had no other option but to put her in the smallest one we have, It looked like she had enough room but I don’t know why she decided to do that.

Throw them in the trash.
I can't believe you set eggs with that much crap on them and expected them to hatch.
I could hear chirping... I wasn’t just gonna throw away some eggs that clearly had life inside of them😐

They cracked from zipping because when I put them in the incubator none of them were cracked except for one. It was the one chirping the most.

all of our dog crates were being used so we had no other option but to put her in the smallest one we have, It looked like she had enough room but I don’t know why she decided to do that.
Okay, so they are alive. I know I've said it a bunch of times haha :p, but read that article, that will help you gauge when you should assist, and what to look for. Hopefully they make there way out soon!

Okay, so they are alive. I know I've said it a bunch of times haha :p, but read that article, that will help you gauge when you should assist, and what to look for. Hopefully they make there way out soon!
Thank you! I’ve been reading the article trying to understand everything before I make a move on the eggs. I will keep updated, and thank you for being so nice about it.

I’ve seen some people comment about why I put them in if they were covered in poop, I did this with no bad intentions. I wanted them to survive, never did I want to hurt them or end their lives by just simply “throwing” them away. If there’s a way I can help them live, I will do whatever it takes. 😢

Throw them in the trash.

I could hear chirping... I wasn’t just gonna throw away some eggs that clearly had life inside of them😐
I would have done the same thing that day.

You have an incubator so I assume you have used it before which would lead me to believe that you had an idea about how many days it takes for an egg to hatch.

What I don't understand is why you would wait 10 days after hatch day to ask what to do with the eggs. I believe you already know the answers to the questions you are asking.

Back
Top Bottom