Day 5 Candled....and questions (PICTURES).. Help? / DAY 7 update! (PICTURES on page 3)

I can't really tell much from the pictures... But if you see veins, the eggs are definitely viable. At this stage, it is pretty easy to pick out a dead embryo from the apparent lack of veins and a floaty blob in the middle. If you've got veins you're in business.

Quote: Awesome!
woot.gif

Well there you go. You're in business now. If you can see veins, you're good to go. The black, which is hard to see when it's so small, will be a wiggling chick in a few days. That's the best, when you see them bee-boping around in the shell.My favorite time to candle is between 12-14 days. after that they get too big to see as much.

I checked on the chicks this morning and the temperature fell to between 90-95!!
hit.gif

So i rechecked some eggs they still looked good and turned the temp higher. Hopefully it didn't hurt.
My iffy #12 turned into a good egg. I finally spotted the black spot. I think I have only 1 bad egg i think. not 100% sure I will recandle monday = Day 10.

that be a little baby..there is a good section on what they should look like in the learning section under hatching ....candeling..you will ireall understand what you are looking for after looking at those pictures.

Hi. I know this thread is already old but I was so intimidated but you're interesting experience when you incubated you're eggs. I am currently incubating!!! I wanted to ask, did you're eggs finally hatch?

Back
Top Bottom