Day 7 candling, what you all think?

MakMurrayFarm

Chirping
May 8, 2019
In my personal opinion, I'm not an expert but these are my thoughts from what I can tell

Egg 1 looks to have a blood ring- dead embryo

Egg 5 blood ring

Egg 7 I think blood ring

Egg 12 no development or blood ring

Egg 15 no development or blood ring

I THINK. Definitely try to get better pictures these are hard to tell.
Can you see movement????

ChickNanny13

Crossing the Road
6 Years
Jun 23, 2013
The Big Island/Hawaii
When candling try holding the pointy side down/against the light, shine up to the air pocket/wide end. Need better pictures please.

I see veining in all except 5 - 10, 12 - 18 but can't say for sure cause pictures aren't clear. You can leave the ? eggs in for couple more days, then try candling again.

josh59

Songster
Nov 20, 2018
Box Elder South Dakota
In my personal opinion, I'm not an expert but these are my thoughts from what I can tell

Egg 1 looks to have a blood ring- dead embryo

Egg 5 blood ring

Egg 7 I think blood ring

Egg 12 no development or blood ring

Egg 15 no development or blood ring

I THINK. Definitely try to get better pictures these are hard to tell.
Can you see movement????
Yea getting a good pic was hard to do lol didn't want to keep them out too long messing with it. Some are def duds, but I saw movement in a few I think. Was hoping for at least a 50% hatch rate but I don't know noe

josh59

Songster
Nov 20, 2018
Box Elder South Dakota
When candling try holding the pointy side down/against the light, shine up to the air pocket/wide end. Need better pictures please.

I see veining in all except 5 - 10, 12 - 18 but can't say for sure cause pictures aren't clear. You can leave the ? eggs in for couple more days, then try candling again.
I will try that way next time I candle, im thinking day 14. Things should hopefully be a little easier to tell by then

MakMurrayFarm

Chirping
May 8, 2019

I definitely agree to try candling them in about 5 to 7 more days. You will know for sure!! Day 7 I took some awesome videos of my babies moving. We are currently on lockdown and I'm BEYOND TICKLED.

From what I can tell atleast 10 so far are fertile & growing. But the pictures are great enough to tell a ton. But me and a few others did agree on a few. Look up blood rings and do lots of research. I was a total novice amateur Candler up until this go around s when I did a ton of studying.i have eggs in the incubator, eggs under a broody hen and eggs under 2 other broody hens!!! I've been candling the incubator eggs daily so I've been watching closely. My white silkie hen Mellie, was sitting on roughly 30 flipping eggs!! I candled them all in less than 10 minutes and instantly knew some were duds, I removed 4 of those. Then my other two hens Curio and Nellie are each sitting on 6 eggs a piece 4 out of the 12 were not growing or weren't fertile so I took those out. It takes alot of time patience and practice to master candling. I feel confident in my ways now, and practically instantly know whether baby is forming or not!

Top Bottom