Day 9 candling (woohoooo)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Barnyard, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I know most people candle on day 7 but, I was sick for day 7 and 8. Still sick, but a little better. So DH decided that he couldn't wait anymore(and he say's he don't care, ha). We took a flood light and a piece of sheetrock(gypson board) and that is what we used to candle with. I put 23 eggs in the bator and 22 of them are growing!! WOOHOOOO!![​IMG]:weee:
    This is my very first time ever trying this and I was totally surprised. I know I still have a long way to go, but we are making progress. Just wanted to thank all of you wonderfull people on BYC for helping me and putting up with all my questions. Without the help from all of ya'll I don't think I would have made it this far. THANK YOU!![​IMG]

Thankyou Jody!!!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Woohoo is right! [​IMG] Great job incubating! [​IMG] [​IMG] Steady now...and I think you'll get a great hatch! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jody

3. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Thankyou so much !! All of your eggs were fertile but one. So that trip wasn't to hard on them. I couldn't believe it when I candled. I could actually see the embro moving around. That was amazing!!

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    [​IMG] [​IMG]....good job!

5. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Hey barnyard,

I remember my "first" amazing view of that too.
    IT IS AWESOME!

Now, just wait til you see that first rock, pip, and zip.

You'll be like a kid in 3 or 4 candy stores.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by