Day old ducklings. What do I do ???

ivy_huan

Songster
May 31, 2022
I just had my first ever duckling hatched

I don't setup brooders until I have hatchlings so I don't jinx myself lol

Now what do I do ? I never raised day old ducklings before. I got my ducks when they are 1 week old.

What kind of waterer do I use
Will Tupperware with holes be good ?
I'm going to the feed store to buy some duck starters

I have Brewers yeast here for my grown ducks

What else do I do

Here is the pic of my first duckling I hatched

Attachments

• PXL_20230426_212934107.jpg
    PXL_20230426_212934107.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 7
Buy chick waterers and feeders. You screw a mason jar on top. Idk what you know already so I’ll say a lot. Get a heat lamp or superheated brooder. Also scoop out their poop like seven times a day. Keep an eye on them. A LOT. When they get to be like a week old, you can put some grasses (with dirt on the bottom) in the container they’re in for grit and strong immune systems.

Last edited:
Buy chick waterers and feeders. You screw a mason jar on top. Idk what you know already so I’ll say a lot. Get a heat lamp or superheated brooder. Also scoop out their poop like seven times a day. Keep an eye on them. A LOT. When they get to be like a week old, you can put some grasses (with dirt on the bottom) in the container they’re in for grit and strong immune systems.
Do NOT use Tupperware.

I just had my first ever duckling hatched

I don't setup brooders until I have hatchlings so I don't jinx myself lol

Now what do I do ? I never raised day old ducklings before. I got my ducks when they are 1 week old.

What kind of waterer do I use
Will Tupperware with holes be good ?
I'm going to the feed store to buy some duck starters

I have Brewers yeast here for my grown ducks

What else do I do
Yes, you have gotten good advice here! Make sure whatever waterer you buy allows the ducks to stick their whole head into the water. This is very important. I have also learned that it is always better to research how to take care of animals before they come into your care, it makes the situation a lot less stressful. For you, and the ducks. My best wishes!

Okay for beddings
Do I use pee pad right now or can I use pine shavings
Last time I had ducklings they were 1 week old already

The difference between 1day and one week isn’t that much. They still all the same things
I let them swimming in the bath tub at 1 week old and gave them peas and other stuffs as treats
Can I give my day old ducklings treats like peas ?

Back
Top Bottom