Day old ducklings. What do I do ???

I let them swimming in the bath tub at 1 week old and gave them peas and other stuffs as treats
Can I give my day old ducklings treats like peas ?
Be sure to put a bowl of chick grit out for them separate from their feed if your planning on feeding them anything besides their starter.

Buy chick waterers and feeders. You screw a mason jar on top. Idk what you know already so I’ll say a lot. Get a heat lamp or superheated brooder. Also scoop out their poop like seven times a day. Keep an eye on them. A LOT. When they get to be like a week old, you can put some grasses (with dirt on the bottom) in the container they’re in for grit and strong immune systems.
Chick waterers don't work well for ducklings who need to be able to dunk their heads
Do NOT use Tupperware.
Why?

I let them swimming in the bath tub at 1 week old and gave them peas and other stuffs as treats
Can I give my day old ducklings treats like peas ?
I wouldn't reccomend it, being so young they need all of the nutrients from their starter feed- treats would water it down.
Personally I introduced treats at 3 weeks, but some start some treats from 1 week up. Just keep it minimal, and be sure that they have chick grit available so they can digest anything other than their feed. :)

Back
Top Bottom