Day old ducklings. What do I do ???

ivy_huan

Songster
May 31, 2022
I just had my first ever duckling hatched

I don't setup brooders until I have hatchlings so I don't jinx myself lol

Now what do I do ? I never raised day old ducklings before. I got my ducks when they are 1 week old.

What kind of waterer do I use
Will Tupperware with holes be good ?
I'm going to the feed store to buy some duck starters

I have Brewers yeast here for my grown ducks

What else do I do

Here is the pic of my first duckling I hatched

Attachments

• PXL_20230426_212934107.jpg
    PXL_20230426_212934107.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 7
I just had my first ever duckling hatched

I don't setup brooders until I have hatchlings so I don't jinx myself lol

Now what do I do ? I never raised day old ducklings before. I got my ducks when they are 1 week old.

What kind of waterer do I use
Will Tupperware with holes be good ?
I'm going to the feed store to buy some duck starters

I have Brewers yeast here for my grown ducks

What else do I do
Yes, you have gotten good advice here! Make sure whatever waterer you buy allows the ducks to stick their whole head into the water. This is very important. I have also learned that it is always better to research how to take care of animals before they come into your care, it makes the situation a lot less stressful. For you, and the ducks. My best wishes!

Buy chick waterers and feeders. You screw a mason jar on top. Idk what you know already so I’ll say a lot. Get a heat lamp or superheated brooder. Also scoop out their poop like seven times a day. Keep an eye on them. A LOT. When they get to be like a week old, you can put some grasses (with dirt on the bottom) in the container they’re in for grit and strong immune systems.

Last edited:
Buy chick waterers and feeders. You screw a mason jar on top. Idk what you know already so I’ll say a lot. Get a heat lamp or superheated brooder. Also scoop out their poop like seven times a day. Keep an eye on them. A LOT. When they get to be like a week old, you can put some grasses (with dirt on the bottom) in the container they’re in for grit and strong immune systems.
Do NOT use Tupperware.

Okay for beddings
Do I use pee pad right now or can I use pine shavings
Last time I had ducklings they were 1 week old already

I let them swimming in the bath tub at 1 week old and gave them peas and other stuffs as treats
Can I give my day old ducklings treats like peas ?
Be sure to put a bowl of chick grit out for them separate from their feed if your planning on feeding them anything besides their starter.

Back
Top Bottom