day one of my coop construction(COMPLETE/ UPDATE)

What are the dimensions of your coop?

It is very nice.
big_smile.png

Quote:
this is the link i purchased it from. it was pretty easy but i had help.
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Easy-Cheap-T...QQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item130294078022

What's the gray building behind the coop? That looks like it would make a great big coop.

that is where we keep the children lol. just kidding. it is our shed. we have a carport so no garage either so it is our only place to store our stuff. but once we have a detached garage that shed would make a great coop. thanks for the idea.​

we have 5 Ameraucana hens. our run is 7½ x 15½ (give or take). they are pretty happy to say the least. still training them to go into the coop at night instead of standing at the closest corner to the house and crying. once we put the light in it seemed to do the trick.

last night when i turned on the light inside i found it had come unplugged so i went to plug it in. on the way back our dog(we are sitting) began to run towards the neighbors house barking. so i had to go get him and put him inside. one thing lead to another and i forgot to return to the coop to close the door. this was about 8pm. so at around 10:30 it hit me that i may not have closed the door. did i? or didn"t i? this went on for a few minutes while was closing my eyes to try and fall asleep. so sleep was not gonna happen until i went outside to check. and sure enough i left the door wide open. it was lighting up the woods and i could not see the chickens anywhere as i was walking up to it. i was about to lose my mind. then i saw all of them sitting on their roost safe and sound. whew, that could have been a disaster.

Last edited:
Quote:
that was pretty easy with those green house cover things. i bet i could have used a lighter/cheaper boards for the support due to the sheets being so lite. they were freebies from an old green house btw.

Back
Top Bottom