Day one on the road to becoming smoke free.

I also did the chantix thing. It worked really good for me. I was a 2 pack a day smoker for over 30 years and knew I could not do it on my own.
I quit after the first week then took it for another week and said I don't need these pills any more...... I took the remaining pills to a co-worker for her to try.
It worked great the dreams were also good.
One silly thing that helped me was when I really wanted to smoke bad I would pretend to smoke? Yes, I would hold my fingers to my lips and pretend to smoke. After a few minutes you just stop and the craving is gone and on to something more useful . Try it if it gets bad,just make sure no one is watchen.
wink.png

Another thing that you should remember after you quit is you can NEVER smoke just 1 or 2 here and there............Don't go there... this is the kiss of death, I was right back smoking saying well I will just smoke on weekends. It does not work. Now I am older and smarter:old
The new you will not have to feel like a second class citizen any more, and you will be so proud.
Best of luck.
wink.png

Day 3
I had a good night sleep. No dreams. Cigs do have a different taste today. Have noticed a small decrease in my smoking.

Thanks for the support friends you're awesome!!!!!!

in april 2012 it will be 4 years for me...

I was not a heavy smoker maybe a dozen a day

My hardest one to give up was my 8 - 9pm smoke.... that was after I got the kids to bed and had the dogs out and was about to close the chickens for the night

I got a serious case of pneumonia in April 2008 and was hospitalized for aver a week and that was it for me... If I could go for a week without my 8pm smoke I was done...

Do I still have cravings... YEP! do I cave? NOPE!

I was at a wedding reception last night and I realized that everyone there was a smoker... I woke up so ill this morning it was not funny

We (hubby and I) were out at a friends place a few weeks back and her and her hubby smoke in the house... when I got home I could not wail to shower. The following morning I went to put my coat on to go to work and it STUNK!
sickbyc.gif
... I threw that in the washer and wore another coat... as soon as I got in my truck OMG I could smell it int he truck too...
sickbyc.gif

the best think I ever did was quit!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Remember when the cravings are bad, remember when you are tempted (and you will be,) 1. You are doing the best thing you could do for your health. 2. It really is more of a psychological addiction and you have a strong mind! 3. Just one takes you all the way back to square one and you can't waste all your hard work and 4. Don't expect to feel that you are home free anytime soon. Some people still have the thought of having a smoke decades after quitting - I'm one of them! I still have the thought pop into my head that if I still smoked I'd smoke one now. HaHaHa! The difference is that I can dismiss the thought now and it is gone, at least for a few months. Hang in there, it will get easier. You can do it!

Last edited:
Quote:
This is exactly the way I quit! I had a cig in my mouth as I watched the pregnancy test turn positive. That was my last one. That's how I know that it is mostly a psychological addiction. Once smoking was not an option, the cravings didn't last long. Now I still think about smoking one from time to time but there is not enough money to make me do it! Its been 15 years and I am still a non-smoker.

Brandon, I don't recommend that you try what Sunny and I did, but trying might take your mind off smoking!
wink.png

Last edited:
Day 4
Still no dreams. I have went from smoking 2 to 2.5 packs a day to just a pack. THis is amazing to me. I hadnt even realized it. SO far so good!!! Thanks again for all the encouragement!!!! My counselor called this morning and was very uplifting. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Congrats!! I was a walking chimney for over 10 years and I'm now 8 months smoke free after using Chantix. It was my 3rd attempt and this was the only time it worked for me
smile.png

Keep up the good work! It will be the best decision you ever make. I promise.

And don't listen to any nay-sayers. They'll just bring you down.
My mother was one because she didn't want to quit and everyone was cheering me on. It made her a bit jealous I think and she would say things to try to get me to smoke again.

Here I am, 8 months later, still getting the same non-encouragement and I'm still a non-smoker because I stayed strong
smile.png

You can too.

Wishing you well! Even if you happen to smoke just stop again.No reason to give up due to set backs.My mom quit years ago and so did I. Just quit. Well I think she did gum.

Back
Top Bottom