Day19 and NOTHING yet! Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by momsflock, May 3, 2011.

1. momsflock

momsflock Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2011
    I am on day 19 and there is no action in my bator. No wiggling, pipping, nothing. When should I be worried?

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Noooo! Don't worry at all! Remember, that is just lockdown. Hatch date is day 21. [​IMG]

Oh the waiting is just soooo hard! [​IMG]

3. momsflock

momsflock Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2011
    WHEW! It is my very first hatch, so there is still so much to learn! what if nothing happens on day 21?

4. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Nope! Nothing to worry about yet. If your temperatures were right on track they start hatching on day 21, if they were a little high then 19-20, or if they were a little low it could be 22-24!

I have some that day 21 was on monday and they didn't start hatching until Monday! I have 6 out and a 9 eggs left in there. No pips in them yet so they will stay for a little while longer to see what happens.

5. cuntryuppiechick

cuntryuppiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    I had nothing til day 23. It was low humidity. I thought for sure something went wrong and I was going to clean the incubator when a lady happened to mention that she had eggs hatch on day 28 and they were all fine. Good luck!

6. Silkie horsechick

Silkie horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Northwest Pennsylvania
    I am on day #20 and CAN'T STAND IT !!!

I candled a few (amature that I am) and I fear the worst for a couple, but definitely something in the couple I looked at!

7. Silkie horsechick

Silkie horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Northwest Pennsylvania
    boy, I hope I don't have to wait 28 days.
    I won't make it.

8. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    i'm on day 19 and the waiting is so hard. last hatch they didn't start til day 22 and finished on day 24. i think my temps were a little low that time. so it varies. good luck. i'm sending happy hatching vibes your way [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by