DE for lice??

HomeSweetFarm

In the Brooder
Aug 12, 2016
Does red lake DE from TSC help control lice on chickens if put in a litter oan for a dust bath? If so, should I mix it with anything?

You can - some people swear by it, other's avoid it like the plague.

Here's what I can say - do your research. Try it out if you feel like it. If it doesn't work, find other solutions. If it DOES work, great.

Everyone has an opinion. I use DE to get rid of cutter/fire ants when other stuff doesn't work. So far, I haven't used it on my chickens... but I would use it before I tried other chemicals - but carefully. It can be toxic if breathed into their lungs, so I wouldn't use so much they'd hurt their lungs.

Hi! Yep, DE is very polarizing, some people say it will help with parasites (internal and external) and others say it is ineffectual and poses a threat to respiratory health. Here are a few articles about it. Article 1, Article 2. Good luck!
smile.png

Hi! Yep, DE is very polarizing, some people say it will help with parasites (internal and external) and others say it is ineffectual and poses a threat to respiratory health. Here are a few articles about it. Article 1, Article 2. Good luck!
smile.png
Our dog breeder we got our american bulldog from - swore by DE as a tick prevention if dusted weekly. LOL

I prefer to give them the chewable tabs... and dust around the yard, house, etc. I don't like them breathing it in.

Does red lake DE from TSC help control lice on chickens if put in a litter oan for a dust bath? If so, should I mix it with anything?
Read the label very carefully, all over, some of Red Lake products(if not all) is mostly clays...very little DE in them.
And DE won't kill a lice infestation, use powder with permethrin.

Back
Top Bottom