Dead birds in horses’s water

Paz

Crowing
Jul 15, 2022
The Middle East
I’m asking for a friend!
My friend has three horses, and at the past week she found over a dozen dead birds in the water tanks. She said it’s like the Hitchcock film. She finds new dead birds in the horse’s water every day.

Do you think there’s a problem with the water? The birds go to drink it and drop dead? Or do they just die and fall in the water? Or do the horses drown them inside? If something is wrong with the water, can it be dangerous to the horses as well?

Are they falling in? How full is the waterer when she finds them? What kind of birds?
She says they are already there when she goes to feed the horses at 06:30 am.
The watered is almost full, that’s an old bathtub. The birds are Maynas. As far as I’ve heard, only Indian Mayna, not any other bird.

I’m asking for a friend!
My friend has three horses, and at the past week she found over a dozen dead birds in the water tanks. She said it’s like the Hitchcock film. She finds new dead birds in the horse’s water every day.

Do you think there’s a problem with the water? The birds go to drink it and drop dead? Or do they just die and fall in the water? Or do the horses drown them inside? If something is wrong with the water, can it be dangerous to the horses as well?
Is it really hot there right now? When we get heat waves, we find small birds that accidentally fall in, get waterlogged and can't get out

Is there a way for the birds to climb back out if they fall in?

If there is not an easy way out, maybe suggest that your friend put a long piece of wood with one end in the water and one out, at a gradual slant, so birds can stand on it to drink and can climb back out if they fall. If that solves the problem you know what was happening, and if that does not solve the problem you have ruled out one possible cause.

Is there a way for the birds to climb back out if they fall in?

If there is not an easy way out, maybe suggest that your friend put a long piece of wood with one end in the water and one out, at a gradual slant, so birds can stand on it to drink and can climb back out if they fall. If that solves the problem you know what was happening, and if that does not solve the problem you have ruled out one possible cause.
Alright, I'll tell her.

Back
Top Bottom