dead chicken

Ours lasted 2 years. That's what the hatchery mentioned. They stop laying after two years. Most farmers don't buy them. I didn't know at the time, when we purchased them. The next purchase with be Azure Blue hens they last up to 10 years
Mine are 3 and still lay every day. Again, it’s a matter of quality of the genes and the care they receive. But there is no specific timeline on when they stop laying. I’ve spoken to people on here that have 5 year old sex links that still lay.
Those self linked hybrid breeds are “designed” to lay tons of eggs, and they cannot be bred to make more sex links.

We mus
Mine are 3 and still lay every day. Again, it’s a matter of quality of the genes and the care they receive. But there is no specific timeline on when they stop laying. I’ve spoken to people on here that have 5 year old sex links that still lay.
Those self linked hybrid breeds are “designed” to lay tons of eggs, and they cannot be bred to make more sex links.
Not sure what happened to this batch. Won't be purchasing anymore links. Thanks for your reply.

I have had quite a different experience with Sex Links. My first two Helen, BSL ,and Lucy,RSL ,were hearty, great layers. Helen lived 9 years and sadly ended up becoming egg bound and we had to put her down.

I have had quite a different experience with Sex Links. My first two Helen, BSL ,and Lucy,RSL ,were hearty, great layers. Helen lived 9 years and sadly ended up becoming egg bound and we had to put her down.
BSLs are my favorite. I find them to be delightful in their personalities and much hardier than any other sex links. My 3 y/o BSLs have never gotten sick, as opposed to a few of my RSLs that have recovered from illnesses.

Back
Top Bottom