Pics
The 9 that were due today started hatching sometime around 3:30 a.m.

View attachment 3781667

Just a bit ago I got another shot. I count 8. Not sure if the 9th egg is going to hatch or not but I'll candle it later when I go to pull these ones out. They are all sold, sight unseen, but the lady saw Tink's and asked if mine would look like that. I assured her they would, so she claimed whatever hatches in this batch. ☺️

View attachment 3781671

This was a test to see how a Blink camera we had out in the woods would work for inside the incubator. Pretty good IMO!! Now I'll try find another one of those cameras on sale as I need to put this one back.
Your camera is outstanding. Your chicks are so precious. Welcome to the world little ones.

Thanks, it seems like I may be getting some and didn't want to be worried if they were out when it rained. It's not like they don't have cover but you know chickens - rain means worms = getting wet.
My silkies like the rain, but they get drenched, and I have to bring them in to dry. I think the worry for me is the combination of wet and cold - which is not good.

Thank you everyone! :hugs

All 9 hatched. The new owner asked me to raise them for one week so she'll feel safer with them. Oh darn, I'll be stuck with 9 more little fuzzy butts for a week! :yesss:

View attachment 3782119
OH MY GOSH!!!

After a week I wouldn’t be able to give them away 🥰don’t name them! 😊💕

Thanks, it seems like I may be getting some and didn't want to be worried if they were out when it rained. It's not like they don't have cover but you know chickens - rain means worms = getting wet.
My ‘regular’ chickens will run inside when it rains, but those silly silkies of mine just stand there getting wet! I drag them in and dry them off with a towel.

They also think they can fly - unreality they crash land really well!

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the Odoban Hatchalong as these chicks are the products of that. I guess I could just post the link to this there.

The 10 now 9 weeks old chicks have been living out in the aviary for a couple of weeks. I've been opening the door every morning so they could come out but they didn't go far as it's been so cold.

Today they sure came out and went down the hill into the woods a little ways. One found a huge nightcrawler and went running with it. That was funny! :lau

It's weird seeing the babies acting so grown up just like that!

IMG_0764.jpeg

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the Odoban Hatchalong as these chicks are the products of that. I guess I could just post the link to this there.

The 10 now 9 weeks old chicks have been living out in the aviary for a couple of weeks. I've been opening the door every morning so they could come out but they didn't go far as it's been so cold.

Today they sure came out and went down the hill into the woods a little ways. One found a huge nightcrawler and went running with it. That was funny! :lau

It's weird seeing the babies acting so grown up just like that!

View attachment 3782638

They grow up so quickly :)

Back
Top Bottom