December 2021 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Holy moly. I guess I’m lucky. I can get a dozen eggs by driving an hour to get them for about $20. He doesn’t have all the breeds I want, but enough that I worry about getting addicted. 😂

Gotta find a good, healthy cream legbar source…
I've been debating on getting legbar eggs from Dragonfly Farms in NC. I don't know where her stock came from but the chicks I got from her (tho not CLs) are doing and looking great. I miss having legbars. Dragonfly is the closest breeder I have to me

bil.PNG

Day 20, first chick out, and one pip from a tan egg so far... from my hens. I am naming this NN chick "Bubo" after Greek goddess Diana's owl.

View attachment 2922457
Some of these will be New year's hatch... I have not decided who yet, but the large tan in the lower right will be for sure. Blue bell egger- blue, the 2 lower in middle are bantam, upper small ones are LO and dark are blue maran.
Oooohhhh do them all! ❤️❤️❤️ I love blue eggs, I love Lavender & blue birds, and bantams are so small you can always squeeze in a few extra! 😂

I had made too many hatching plans maybe.

About half of the greenfire farms eggs have glue on them from the where the foam shipper was glued together on the bottom. I have asked them what I should do about them, but am not overly keen on setting them in my incubator with a very sticky glue on them. And generally I don't like washing eggs either. Anyone have any suggestions?

I had made too many hatching plans maybe.

About half of the greenfire farms eggs have glue on them from the where the foam shipper was glued together on the bottom. I have asked them what I should do about them, but am not overly keen on setting them in my incubator with a very sticky glue on them. And generally I don't like washing eggs either. Anyone have any suggestions?
Would it be possible to very carefully use a box cutter to chip some glue off?

Back
Top Bottom