DECEMBER Hatch-A-Long!😊

Pics
Welcome to the Hatching Party!
Silver Deathlayers! 😍
All is not lost, detached and extremely saddled eggs CAN hatch. Takes a lot of care, many different schools of thought. I have had some success incubating and hatching these eggs upright. I am extemely doubtful you will get anywhere wth USPS. Worth a try though.
Thanks for the words of encouragement! Everyone is indeed incubating upright until further notice! :D I had one saddled make it ok last hatch so reallly hoping I get some from this!

Finally was able to set up a candler for the tiny button quail eggs. The news wasn’t great:
14 no development;
4 blood rings;
2 not sure (shell just too dark);
16 confirmed developing

So at best 50% of the original 36 are still going on day 5. BUT.... these little guys traveled over 2,000 miles LA to CA, and I had some turning issues for the first few days where some got stuck in bad positions. And I really only need 2 males and 2 females to hatch. So I can’t complain — much. :D

Finally was able to set up a candler for the tiny button quail eggs. The news wasn’t great:
14 no development;
4 blood rings;
2 not sure (shell just too dark);
16 confirmed developing

So at best 50% of the original 36 are still going on day 5. BUT.... these little guys traveled over 2,000 miles LA to CA, and I had some turning issues for the first few days where some got stuck in bad positions. And I really only need 2 males and 2 females to hatch. So I can’t complain — much. :D
Hope you end up with 9 of each then! 🥰

Ok I’m ignorant on shipped eggs and detached saddles. Does anyone have a picture or is there an article I might have missed on BYC? I keep hearing people receiving them, place them upright? Is that pointy end up?

Ok I’m ignorant on shipped eggs and detached saddles. Does anyone have a picture or is there an article I might have missed on BYC? I keep hearing people receiving them, place them upright? Is that pointy end up?
Sally Sunshine has an excellent article on hatching eggs, also shipped eggs.
Tried to attach a link, but I could not get it to work.🤔 You can find it easily with the search function.
EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Photo of my horribly detached and saddled ameraucana eggs from last Spring, sitting upright (pointy side down) in their individual egg cups cut down from an egg carton. Only 3 out of 13 hatched.
7967729A-B40A-42A9-BDCF-2AD5F30E3D3E.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom