December Hatch-A-Long 2014

I would love to join you guys. I set 19 french bresse that I got from a BYC member and 12 rhodebar that I got from ebay on 11/20/14 due to hatch 12/10/14. I also set two of my home grown eggs, one is a white leghorn covered by a purebred wheaten ameraucana too that just started laying this week. The other is an Easter egger that lays a beautiful blue egg covered by the same ameraucana too.

I get why it's called a Hovabator! I've been hovering over it since I plugged it in! Ahhhh, how am I ever gonna get anything else done! My humidity is holding steady at 41%, I think I'm good with that. My temp is at 99 and I'm scared to increase the heat because I'm afraid of it going over 102 but I know since it's still air I probably want it to be at least 101. Oh my gosh, this is nerve wrecking. I told my hubby yesterday, this is life or death here, feel like I'm playing with poor chicks lives here!

I get why it's called a Hovabator! I've been hovering over it since I plugged it in! Ahhhh, how am I ever gonna get anything else done! My humidity is holding steady at 41%, I think I'm good with that. My temp is at 99 and I'm scared to increase the heat because I'm afraid of it going over 102 but I know since it's still air I probably want it to be at least 101. Oh my gosh, this is nerve wrecking. I told my hubby yesterday, this is life or death here, feel like I'm playing with poor chicks lives here!
Honestly I think your fine. I have still air and chose the last few hatches to keep my temp at 100. I have always at some point have a fluctuation. Maybe if it seems to stay like that for a day or so you could try to barely up it. I also put like 3 thermometers in and find sometimes you will get different reading. I don't seem to panic as much with it a little lower but this is just me. You will in time feel more comfortable and see what works for you. Good luck!!!

I haven't heard about that ap. Is it a cell ap? We will be close in hatch dates then...mine is the tuesday following you. Sounds like you will have your hands full! I am in an equally crazy position...I had anticipated having about 16 by now....I had 17 hatching eggs and 6 mail ordered chicks...I stand at 3. So, I ordered an auction here and now have 21 in bator...then found another cool aution and have 9 on order....If they all hatch I am in a pickle...I will have a million house chickens for the winter! HA! They will surely call me the crazy chicken lady! I can't wait!!!!
Yes, the hatchabatch is a free app. Someone from the November hatch a long talked about it. Its really neat!! I won't know what to do if half of the eggs hatch...lol It will be a little noisy!! I really love them and just will be busy :)

Yes, the hatchabatch is a free app.  Someone from the November hatch a long talked about it.  Its really neat!!  I won't know what to do if half of the eggs hatch...lol  It will be a little noisy!!  I really love them and just will be busy :)
I also got the Hatch a batch app because of reading it in the November hatch a long but I'm not really getting it... I mean I put in my set date and also got 1 day earlier hatch day compared to when I just count it put and it doesn't appear that I can keep track of anything such as which eggs I have to toss or which eggs pip. It seems it only gives reminders for candling which are also 1 day earlier than when I count it out myself. So I'm not sure what the point of the app is.

These are from my own flock :( I have shipped eggs in incubator #2

I have no idea then. Darn. :-(

Eggs in the incubator!

Woohoo!

I also got the Hatch a batch app because of reading it in the November hatch a long but I'm not really getting it... I mean I put in my set date and also got 1 day earlier hatch day compared to when I just count it put and it doesn't appear that I can keep track of anything such as which eggs I have to toss or which eggs pip. It seems it only gives reminders for candling which are also 1 day earlier than when I count it out myself. So I'm not sure what the point of the app is.
you can add notes to the hatches and add your own hatch reminders or events. You can also make your own custom hatches with your own dates and incubation time. I do that with serama because I've read I need to stop turning on day 16 or 17 and they generally have a 19 day incubation period.

My incubator keeps spiking to 102... it never even stops at 101. Well at least the digital one says 102 but the bulb thermometer says more like 104. Grrr this is frustrating.

Renee. How full is your incubator? You may have reg problems bc it isn't full, drafts, etc...don't worry just watch it
I believe the incubator is capable of holding like 46 eggs and I only have 12 in there. It's been at 100 degrees and 40% for the past hour so I am hoping I have finally figured it out.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom