December Hatch-A-Long 2014

excited to hear everyones good news!!

Finally got my temps stabilized! wrapped it in insulation went to a higher wattage bulb and now its perfect. hopefully I didn't kill them with the low temps and then the one high temp spike

excited to hear everyones good news!!

Finally got my temps stabilized! wrapped it in insulation went to a higher wattage bulb and now its perfect. hopefully I didn't kill them with the low temps and then the one high temp spike

Glad that you are stabilized! Hopefully, because it is early it won't matter too much...

I hope not. usually lows just slow them down and the one high I had was only 102 so thats not too bad. fingers crossed and Ill candle on day 7

Glad you got it worked out, I bet it didn't cause any harm. Can't wait to hear about your candling results. I went out and got a digital thermometer/hygrometer and its in the incubator now... the bulb thermometer looks like it's stuck at 90 so we will see if it's reading right. Last I checked the digital thermometer was at 84 degrees and 40%... shouldn't it be between 45-50%? Since it's still air I should have a temp of 101 correct?

My incubator is finally at 100 but the humidity dropped to 38. Now how long should it maintain these stats before I add the eggs... I'm planning to hopefully add them in the morning.

Renee~ I think you should be fine if you are setting them in the morning....plenty of time for you to see if it can maintain. How many eggs will you be setting?

Renee~ I think you should be fine if you are setting them in the morning....plenty of time for you to see if it can maintain. How many eggs will you be setting?
it's been at 100 for almost an hour now and the humidity is at 46, I think humidity is gonna be tough for me since I live in such a dry place. I am setting a dozen mixed eggs.

Back
Top Bottom