December Hatch-A-Long 2014

Im right in the middle of finals week too! and hatch day is tomorrow lol

Well good luck with both, can't wait to see your fluffy butts.

I'm on page 7 of a 14 page term paper.....with finals next week :)   My eggs went into lock down this afternoon and I already see some wiggling.  I write a little, check for wigglers, write a little....it helps me from going crazy.  This is my favorite part.  I've got a new mini brooder in my hatching room for day olds up to about a week old so they'll stay nice and cozy warm until they go to the big brooder outside.  If we keep having 75 degree days, they may go out a little sooner.  Good luck fellow hatchers!
Yuck, I'm glad I don't have any papers to write this time around. I've been dreading this Algebra final because this class has sucked, we only had 4 exams and they are worth 70% of our grade. So while my homework grades are all 100% I did horrible on my exams and my grade for the class is sitting at a 73% so basically this final will make or break me. 4 more hours till I take it, I just wanna get it over with. Anyway my other 2 exams should be easy peasy so after tonight I won't have much to worry about. Good luck on your paper and on your hatch. Can't wait to see your fluffy butts either.

Last edited:
Well good luck with both, can't wait to see your fluffy butts.
Yuck, I'm glad I don't have any papers to write this time around. I've been dreading this Algebra final because this class has sucked, we only had 4 exams and they are worth 70% of our grade. So while my homework grades are all 100% I did horrible on my exams and my grade for the class is sitting at a 73% so basically this final will make or break me. 4 more hours till I take it, I just wanna get it over with. Anyway my other 2 exams should be easy peasy so after tonight I won't have much to worry about. Good luck on your paper and on your hatch. Can't wait to see your fluffy butts either.
good luck with your final! Im writing education papers (that are due tomorrow!) and checking for pips lol so far nothing

Yesterday was my first Silkie so far out of 15 eggs to go!

Just stopped by the barn and look in the hatcher----about 30 sets of eyes looking back at me when I shined the flash light through the glass. They are due tomorrow(Friday). There were alot more pipped. I got to get the brooder ready---I will take them out the Hatcher Saturday.

i don't know anything about the breeds of the parents. the lady i got them from just has an assortment running around :) so who knows. this is what the eggs looked like before they went into the incubator. the colors are a bit lighter in the picture due to the lighting the one I'm talking about is 2nd top left. i am also trying to figure out ways to mark/label the chicks as they hatch to remember which batch and what egg they came from. any ideas any one? [/quote] Those are beautiful eggs!!! I can't wait to see what's in there! Mystery...
1f603.png

My bator is stuck at 90F. It won't increase
sad.png
. My eggs are on day 10 and we're doing great.
What kind of incubator and what type thermostat does it have. If it a electronic----sounds like its gone bad UNless the temp in the room your incubator is in is cold. If its the thermostat, you can try wrapping the bator with a blanket till you can run get another incubator from somewhere---borrow maybe??

What kind of incubator and what type thermostat does it have. If it a electronic----sounds like its gone bad UNless the temp in the room your incubator is in is cold. If its the thermostat, you can try wrapping the bator with a blanket till you can run get another incubator from somewhere---borrow maybe??

I wonder if a heating pad would work if it was carefully monitored for temp or one of the brooder lights? Just temp short term...

What kind of incubator and what type thermostat does it have. If it a electronic----sounds like its gone bad UNless the temp in the room your incubator is in is cold. If its the thermostat, you can try wrapping the bator with a blanket till you can run get another incubator from somewhere---borrow maybe??

It's a little giant one from TSC. I had issues with a older model last spring as well. The temps have risen a bit over the last hour or so. Hope it stays stable during the night.

I'll see if I know anyone with a bator just in case.

Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom