December Hatch-A-Long!

I have the Janoel JN-24 with the auto turner and I take the auto turner out at lock down. I read that the chick needs to position itself in the egg in order to pip, and if you keep turning it can't do that. However, another poster says they have no problems when leaving it on.

~K

Ahh!!! I finally candles then eggs. So excited! Everything that was fertile is alive and wiggling. It was so strange but I loved it. I've never done that before but I can't wait to candle on day 18. Currently on day 12

So sorry, Panda, that is crushing for sure.  So you have one little chick then?

My little white one died last night.  The others are doing very well though.

Yea. I had to help the last one out of the shell but not sure if that one will make it. Seems the ones that cant hatch on their own are males.

Checked my eggs that should be getting ready for lockdown in a couple of days. Three didn't make it. One had shipping damage, leaking spot on bottom of shell which we put wax on, ended up with a blood ring. So looks like maybe ten are good. One is very active and I can see it's beak at the top ready to internally pip.

Last edited:
Quote:
So sorry, Panda, that is crushing for sure. So you have one little chick then?

My little white one died last night. The others are doing very well though.

hugs.gif
I'm sorry to hear about your hatching chicks and the white chick. That's unfortunate. Wow, a white chick. It would have been interesting to see how he/she turned out if things had been different.

Two of my eggs hatched out of 7.
Make that one chick as the other decided to fall on its back and die.

I'm so sorry to hear about your hatching chicks and the bad luck with the one who died.
hugs.gif

I'm still here. I've had some sudden time sensitive family affairs to attend to...I'm actually away tomorrow again, so I'm just stopping in super quick.

I candled last night. I had a couple clears at the beginning and a few quitters I took out last night (which I'll count once I'm back at home.
th.gif
I was worried because I haven't been home to turn the eggs as much as I'd like to turn them. But I think so far so good. I believe the air cells look appropriate for being 14 days.
fl.gif
So we'll see.

Ok, i started my incubation for 9 duck eggs on November 23. I went in to lock down 2 1/2 days ago. during incubation, 4 died. I have a remaining 5 eggs. its day 27, there are internal pips but no external pips yet. I am so excited!

Back
Top Bottom