December Hatch-A-Long!

Our little pipper hatched overnight; a cute buff looking baby. We have a new pip this morning. I realized day 21 didn't technically start until late evening yesterday so we're still doing okay on time. These do seem to be a bit slower though.

Thanks. #2 is working on getting out of her shell. Just waiting to see if we get some more.

Thanks. #2 is working on getting out of her shell. Just waiting to see if we get some more.

That's great news!
woot.gif
The waiting game is hard.
fl.gif

Candled tonight 12/9/15.

I've got 7 eggs out of 9 eggs developing for certain. The other two I'm not sure. There is one double yolker that appears to be developing.
3 out of 6 Crele pullet eggs are developing! Wow...I thought they'd all be clear.
woot.gif

2 out of 3 OEGB hen eggs are developing. I marked the confirmed eggs with a circle but left everything in.

I candled the eggs, turned the eggs and rotated the eggs' position in the incubator. I do everything with the lid off. I'm not sure how long it took me to finish oohing over the embryos, but it took 7 minutes from the time I replaced the lid to the time the incubator was stabilized at proper temperature.

I noticed one of the eggs that has embryo development is from November 11th. That means it was 3 weeks and 3 days when it was put in the incubator. It is a full four weeks old today. We'll see if it develops.
love.gif
jumpy.gif

barnie.gif
I hit the submit button...how's everyone else doing?
caf.gif

Yes, how bad is it when I'm quoting myself...
gig.gif

It appears my earlier projections were correct. I was supposed to mention that the 7 out of 9 were Easter Eggers. Oops, my bad there.

There is embryonic development in:
7 out of 9 - Easter Eggers
3 out of 6 - Old English Game Birds, Crele
2 out of 3 - Old English Game Birds, Duckwing

So far every egg with embryo development is continuing to develop. I see something in the double yolker but I'm not sure what so I will keep it in until I make certain. I see red arteries but I don't see chick development. But I can't see well anyway with the blue eggs. It's not the oldest egg but one of the oldest...almost a month. I will take out the nonviable eggs tonight.

I added another bunch of eggs in the bator for the BYC New Year's HAL. I'll have a fresh double yolker for a challenge. The incubator is getting filled up.
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom