December hatch along

Oh no! My Genesis 1588 seems to be on the fritz! It's changing it's own set temp, yesterday I found it at 86.5!! I've been checking it constantly and have 2 other thermometers for checking that it's reading right.

What on earth would cause it to change it's set temperature but still heat fine? It's about 7 years old now, not sure what their use life is.

Even in these conditions though I have 3 chicks out and 4 more pipped, today is hatch day so they're not delayed.

This morning it changed itself to 96.5. It seems to be progressively lowering itself and I have to check it every 2 hours or so. Thankfully I'm off today! Will need to train my husband on it for tomorrow, I gotta work.

I have the cheap/finicky/annoying Farm Innovator plugged in just in case I need to swap totally, right in the middle of the hatch. Just needs to last 2 more days, tops.

Does the set temp actually change or is the set temp still at 99.5 and your experiencing a drift if that’s the case then it sounds like a calibration issue

Last edited:
Anxiety is in full force... Day 20 starts in 2 hours and I'm so stressed that I haven't seen any pips which I know is silly.

Could I check to see if theyve internally pipped? Just to ease my anxiety :'(

C10A906B-0E4F-4CE1-AD59-E5DD87EF60DA.jpeg

1 week old. Same parents... all of them different so cute

Back
Top Bottom