Decided to get creative with my brooder

AlleysFarm

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 29, 2012
Demotte, IN
Last year when I had the ducks I just did 2x2's with chicken wire. So decided this year just to put together something with the stuff I had on hand. Decided to make a brooder cabinet out of an old TV stand that I was going to throw out anyway.. I cut out a rectangle on the top placed hardware cloth for the bottom. I then built a cabinet out of 2x3's that was screwed directly to the stand.Not really big but I'm only doing hobby hatches for me so big enough..
big_smile.png
I do have to lower the lamp though only running about 85 degrees right now.. Hope to be putting some chicks in hopefully a week from today.. :)

Very awesome!!! that is exactly the project I just set for myself. I was going to use a tv entertainment center But decided to go with an armoire. I just picked it up this morn and will transform it into my new stylish brooder over the next 2 weeks before our eggs hatch. Thanks for sharing it looks great.

With all of that vertical space available & unused you have plenty of room to add some perches. Randomly spaced with about 4-6 inches to hop from 1 to the next would work perfectly & would expand usable area greatly. It would allow babies to move up off the floor as they get older & allow them to use the brooder longer because they would be able to space themselves out as they grow & not overly crowd each other on the brooder floor.

Back
Top Bottom