Deciding on Temporary Quail Housing

CluckNDoodle

Hatchaholic
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 12, 2019
Georgia
I'm breaking my own rules this year and I'm going to buy a prefab kit to house quail temporarily rather than building our own (we'll revisit building a nicer setup at a later date). I would love some opinions on kits that others have been satisfied with and possible improvements that I should make from day one!

- They will definitely be outside so the metal stacked cages that I've seen won't work and I would prefer a hutch with a roof but adding one is an option.
- I prefer the raised hutches for ease of care I think.

help (1).gif

I hatched these incredibly adorable quail from @Nabiki at MerriQuail! :love

7-10-21 (6).JPG

I'm breaking my own rules this year and I'm going to buy a prefab kit to house quail temporarily rather than building our own (we'll revisit building a nicer setup at a later date). I would love some opinions on kits that others have been satisfied with and possible improvements that I should make from day one!

- They will definitely be outside so the metal stacked cages that I've seen won't work and I would prefer a hutch with a roof but adding one is an option.
- I prefer the raised hutches for ease of care I think.

View attachment 2755022

I hatched these incredibly adorable quail from @Nabiki at MerriQuail! :love

View attachment 2754995
@Nabiki ’s setup is probably the best option for you.....I think she has an amazon link to the best on-ground mobile quail housing. or you could consider repurposing a hoopcoop or dog kennel if you have one. my setup is probably a bit overkill.....but pergola style aviaries are a good addition to any backyard IMO.

@Nabiki ’s setup is probably the best option for you.....I think she has an amazon link to the best on-ground mobile quail housing. or you could consider repurposing a hoopcoop or dog kennel if you have one. my setup is probably a bit overkill.....but pergola style aviaries are a good addition to any backyard IMO.

I mean, my chicken setup is 100% overkill and I love it, lol! I will probably do the same with the quail eventually but for now, I decided an easy setup would be best since they grow so quickly and my husband is slow at building. :lau

This is the extended chicken run and in the back you can see the big white predator proof run.

IMG_20200129_154436083.jpg

Back
Top Bottom