Decision to make, please help

If it is a noise issue have you thought about a no-crow collar? It's heartbreaking when they have to get separated. If you want to add to your flock, your girls tend to go broody, if your up for waiting till next spring you could have mama chick. this is the easiest way to introduce more chicks
IMHO. There's almost nothing more heartbreaking then the no crow collars.
Anyone considering using one should do some real research on them and by research I don't mean just reading what the companies that sell them have on their websites.

IMHO. There's almost nothing more heartbreaking then the no crow collars.
Anyone considering using one should do some real research on them and by research I don't mean just reading what the companies that sell them have on their websites.

I always do a ton i research on everything. and I NEVER believe the guy trying to sell the product. they will say anything. please do share your concerns with this product.

I guess my thing with the no crow collar being inhuman would be is it more humane to cull the chick? If I didn't have a place for the roo to go what's the more humane option

It is very tricky introducing a single pullet to an established trio. Maybe you could cull two birds and replace with two? Or maybe just keep what you have for a while and see how it goes. Sometimes what is enough room when they are chicks, gets to be not enough room when they grow.
I don’t mean to contradict you, of course, but I have introduced birds into small flocks before. It just takes patience.

Back
Top Bottom