decrease size of airsac? (pik) - update: all 4 hatched yaaay

Moorat

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 12, 2010
London, UK
i am in lockdown with my eggs, i have 2 white silkie eggs that are looking good, a cuckoo coloured silkie but the gold coloured silkie egg (the one im soooo praying for to hatch
fl.gif
fl.gif
) its air sac is really big.. like over 1/3 of the egg it must be more pourous then the other eggs to lose this much moisture but i am at day 19 and i cant really think of anything. My humidity is at 60%, is there a way i can spray warm water onto the egg to help it or should I lower my expectations for the goldie
sad.png

and also does light affect eggs in any way? I have a white light shining onto my incubator so i can have clear visibilty throughout the hatch. It doenst give out heat or anything.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
At this point, I'd just let it be. It always surprises me what eggs will tolerate and I don't know of anything you can do that you're not already doing. As far as I know light wouldn't affect the egg's air sacs, unless it messed up your humidity.

Thanks for the replies and the advice
big_smile.png
i just misted that one egg and am now gonna let nature do what it does for the next 2 days, fingers crossed all four guys make it especially goldie ^_^
fl.gif
fl.gif

Quote:
When I was beginning hatching, I had 10 JG's in the bator. I candled them at day 18 and noticed 6 of them looked to be only 1/2 way developed. I seriously thought they were all quitters. I set them aside to throw them into the compost. I have no idea what came over me, but decided last minute to put them all back into the bator. Every single one hatched on day 21, perfectly healthy. I was going by the air cell graph. It wasn't a good comparison in this situation. As long as there is humidity (and not TOO much), you should have a successful hatch. (I wanted to add that our friends mist their eggs often in their homemade bator.)

Be sure to post back in a few days...let us know how your egg did!

Ahh thanks Muggsmagee that was one hell of a reassurance
big_smile.png
Im happy your hatch turned out so well Im hoping the same with mine
big_smile.png
im gonna keep it at 60% (every now and then though it peaks at 65%) and hope for the best for goldie
big_smile.png
thats gonna be its name im not that creative but still think its adorable hehe I'll update this thread also in the next 2 days and let you know
pop.gif

this is the air cell size of the egg btw
48888_dsc06702.jpg

and when i candle it i cant ever see movement but then after putting it down in the incubator i could see it wobble a little so yeah just fingers crossed
fl.gif

I just wanted to add I have 7 hatched as of just today out of 10 and one pipped, all of them looked like that when I candled them. I just kept my temps consistent and honestly had no way to monitor humidity just kept water in my bator.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the crossed fingers guys and Biddylover I did exactly what you stated and your right
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
hes pipped!! and its funny cause hes actually the first to pip
celebrate.gif
i feel abit silly now for worrying so much hehe >.< that was about 5 hours ago and now hes making alot of fuss and noise so i think hes gonna be out soon
big_smile.png
wee.gif
wee.gif
the cuckoo coloured silkie also pipped about an hour ago now and the 2 white silkies havnt pipped yet but Im not suprised cause when i last candled them those 2 still had more prominent veining inside compared to the 2 thats pipped so Im guessing they'll be out tomorrow .. I hope!! but yaaaay I cant wait to see them all
clap.gif
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom