Deer fence vs poultry netting

Ethanpg22

Chirping
Aug 26, 2020
I found 7ft x 100ft of deer fence for 14.99 and i was wondering if i could use that instead of paying 50$ for 5ft x 100ft of poultry netting

As long as the openings are small enough that the chickens can't get through, you should be fine. We use something similar. Just remember that it is NOT predator proof, it's only keeping your birds in, not keeping other animals out. We use it for their "free range" time when we can supervise. Their run is all hardware cloth with a solid roof and a hardware cloth skirt surrounding it

Depends on what you want to use it for and which material you're referring to. Is the deer netting something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/Gardeneer-Da...2&sr=1-1-f6b8d51f-2c55-4dc3-89ad-0c3639671b2d

It is a pain in the batooty to work with. It is a fine material that catches on everything, never goes the direction you want it to go. It's something you might place and then never ever want to touch again. It's also not very strong and can be stretchy, IE something can push against it and maybe slip under or around it.

When using it as a cover for a run area you'll need to pull it tight, support it and secure it so that if something landed it won't roll right on into the run area.

If the poultry netting is wire or string it is probably an upgrade IE easier to work with, longer lasting... etc.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom